Survey Research Interviewers collect information for academic research. The position involves contacting and asking questions of respondents over the telephone. Survey questions are standardized and must be read exactly as written. All of the information gathered for the surveys is kept confidential, and interviewers are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the information they gather.
The UW Survey Center conducts high quality research for university professors, federal and state government agencies, and not-for-profit organizations. We do not do fund-raising or telemarketing. We gather state-of-the-art social science data to help researchers and policy makers study and improve programs and policies in Wisconsin and throughout the United States.
No experience necessary, and all job training is paid!
Student wage: $12/hour
Student wage after passing Spanish fluency certification: $13/hour
TE wage: $13.62/hour
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Clear speaking voice
- Ability to type at least 30 words per minute
- Willingness to follow set procedures
- Ability to work 12-20 hours per week, primarily evenings and weekends
- Flexible scheduling
- Advancement possibilities
- Access to University library and computer facilities
- Low-cost bus pass
How To Apply