The UW Survey Center retains an excellent, highly trained project staff including project directors, programmers, field staff, and business staff, who ensure that every project moves smoothly from inception to completion.
Methodologists and Statisticians
Shift Leaders at work
The University of Wisconsin Survey Center retains a highly trained and professional interviewing staff. Before hiring an interviewer the UWSC conducts a personal interview, thoroughly checks the candidate's references, performs a mock interview, and administers a typing competency test. Only those who perform well in all areas are considered for the interviewing position. Besides a multi-day training period immediately after hiring, all interviewers attend study-specific briefings before a new project begins to ensure the interviewer is well prepared to deal with issues and answer questions from respondents pertaining to the study when they call. Interviewers are also monitored monthly by a Shift Leader to ensure high quality data collection.
Shift Leaders are generally promoted from the current interviewing staff and represent the best skills in communication, supervision,interviewing, instructing, and motivating. Shift leaders are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Survey Center as well as maintaining a highly positive and professional work environment.
Steering (Executive) Committee
Responsibilities of the Steering Committee:
- Provide policy direction for the Center Provide budgetary oversight
- Conduct search for Director; recommend candidate for Director to the Dean Review annual report of the Director
- Advise the Director and Associate Directors on policy and operational issues
- Participate in the Center’s strategic planning
- Promote the position of the Center throughout the University
- Participate in Center’s efforts to secure external funding
- Promote the interests of the Center within and outside the UW-Madison
Professor, Social and Administrative Sciences Division - School of Pharmacy
Assistant Professor - Department of Consumer Science, Faculty Director - Center for Financial Security
Associate Professor of Sociology
Professor, Departments of Population Health Sciences & Biostatistics and Medical Informatics
Professor; Director - School of Social Work
Professor of Life Sciences Communication
Professor, Educational Leadership & Policy Analysis (ELPA)