UWSC Senior Project Director Ken Croes and Gay Thomas, Director of Stakeholder Engagement with the Wisconsin Network for Research Support, will co-present about online research practices at an upcoming event of the University of Wisconsin Institute for Clinical and Translational Research Community-Academic Partnership Education Program.
See information about the event below.
Time: December 9, 2020 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
By Zoom. Register here.
Like much else in the COVID-19 era, research using focus groups has moved online. Likewise, stakeholder advisory group meetings are now taking place over a variety of virtual platforms.
UW Survey Center Senior Project Director Ken Croes will talk about issues to consider when conducting focus groups virtually. The presentation will share best practices and practical advice. His presentation will cover:
- Online platform options for focus groups
- Recruitment and informed consent
- Preparing participants when needed
- Moderating, recording, and transcription
Gay Thomas, Director of Stakeholder Engagement with the Wisconsin Network for Research Support, will address working with research stakeholder groups – patient or community advisors – in this new virtual world. Her presentation will address three specific topics based on her experience training stakeholders virtually and conducting remote meetings.
- Use of Zoom for advisory group meetings
- Critical “success factors” for virtual meetings with research stakeholders
- Facilitation tweaks for the virtual world